fertile land

jeudi 16 juin 2016

I don't know what it is exactly about the area I live but grass literally grows as fast as a weed.  If I have time this season I want to send in a soil sample and review the analysis.  We have great topsoil here and the soil is heavy in pockets with clay and sand.  A large portion of our large field is low and moisture is rarely an issue in those areas.  It amazes me how fast grass grows every year.  I am constantly brush hogging my pasture fence lines to keep the grass off the wire.

 

How tall do you let the field get before you cut? Our first cutting the grass was extremely tall because out field was wet and we had to let it dry before cutting.  From what I've gathered we have a pasture mix of orchard/timothy grasses for the bulk of the field. Or do you wait a set amount of weeks after first cutting and then do second cutting?



fertile land

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire