Low budget baling

vendredi 3 juin 2016

Three or four years ago I bought a NH-268 square baler, IH 130 sickle bar cutter, and a Vicon 4-wheel rake on a whim for $2000 for all. I have some horses and ponies that I've been feeding with the hay I've been baling with this equipment. Overall they do a very good job, but I don't have a Tedder. What I've been doing is letting the hay lay for a day or two, and turning into two small rows with the rake turned over with the wheels reversed. The next day I windrow and bale. It seems to work, but it takes about 3 to 4 days to get the hay good and dry.

How much faster could I bale if I had a Tedder? I don't know if I want to spend $2000-$2500 for a tedder for about 250 bales per year. If I were baling more it would be a no-brainier. Are there any other low cost alternatives?

Low budget baling

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire