Weed ID

vendredi 3 juin 2016

I've got a small spot of ground that we haven't really started doing a refurb on - it's limb and brush free - been bush hogged over the years, but am thinking about making what I call "goat" hay to clear it and get the thatch off by making a few small squares. It is polluted with appears to me to be sweet vernal grass. Stuff is about knee high is on it's way to seed if I don't cut it soon.

However, when I pull it and give this "vernal" grass a smell, there is nothing. No smell that can hardly be detected. I've read that one of the identifiers of sweet vernal grass is a "sweet" smell. Not sure what "sweet" smell is supposed to smell like. I think vanilla grass is another name for vernal grass. There ain't no vanilla smell to this stuff.

What have I got?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks!
Bill

Weed ID

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire