New Holland Baler Problem

jeudi 16 juin 2016

Hello All,

 

I posted a thread last year about problems with my BR780.  Long story short, it was making bad looking bales.  They weren't tight enough around the outside, which kept the net wrap from being tight, which would then cause the net to rip as the bale rolled out of the chamber onto the ground.  The end result was bales that are loose all the way around the outside with ripped net wrap.  I had made every adjustment I knew of and I couldn't fix it.  Last year when I posted this topic, I got the song and dance about operator error, not knowing how to bale properly, not knowing how to rake properly, etc etc.  That is not the problem - I'm not new at putting up hay.    

 

At the end of last year, I finally took it to the dealer to see if they could fix it.  They looked it over and thought we needed to put new seals in the cylinders of the self-contained pressure system.  The thought was that the seals were leaking oil slowly, so at the beginning of the bale, the pressure was fine, but as the bale filled and the oil slowly leaked back, it lost pressure.  By the time the bale was made, the hay on the outside was loose.  That made sense to me.

 

Fast forward to this season, I went out to bale for the first time with my "fixed" baler and I promptly made bale just like the ones it was making last year.  Then I made another.  Then I saw a roller laying on the ground!!  

 

I went and hooked onto a neighbor's 688 and baled the rest of the hay I had down.  With the same tractor, the same operator, the same windrows, and the same weather conditions, every single bale out of that 688 looked perfect.  They had square shoulders and even net wrap coverage.  Just like they are supposed to look.  So my problem is obviously something with the baler itself.  Does anyone have any other ideas on what issue I might have??  I don't think the roller that went out was the problem, as it is just an idling roller up near the top, but it is on the pivoting arm that moves as the bale gets bigger, so I guess it could be another symptom of whatever is wrong.

 

I just want to get it fixed so I can make bales with my baler that look as good as the ones coming out of that 688... 

 

 



New Holland Baler Problem

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire