Question about drying hay

dimanche 5 juin 2016

Making hay for the 1st time. Cut an acre of timothy this AM. Since its only an acre, I'm fluffing it by hand with a lawn rake. 1st question--for the baler, is it important that the grass stems remain pretty parallel? Or can they be at all crazy angles?

 

2nd question--should I just turn it with the hay rake instead? (I didn't want to pile it--just rearrange it to speed drying)

 

3rd question--its 99 degrees out, with full sun and a light breeze, 21% humidity. I finished cutting at 11:00 AM. How long till I rake it with the hay rake? And how many times should I figure on raking it before its dry enough? Might it be dry enough today? Tomorrow? (same weather).

 

Thanks for any help!



Question about drying hay

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire