Wrapping Questions

dimanche 5 juin 2016

I tried to get some dry hay done the other day and did pretty good, was able to put up about 10 acres, some rounds some squares.  I got a little greedy and mowed another 10 down but the forecast then changed and I got a little edgy and went ahead and rolled it up.... It cured out in the field for roughly two days, then on the third day things went side ways and that's when I baled it.  Sorry for not being able to give you an exact number but the hay was still tough, if I had to guess probably 25 to 30% moister.  We wrapped it, but I am curious, will I have mold when I take it out of the wrap?  I have a couple different friends telling me different things and personally I don't have any experience with it...  The hay was not treated with anything and is very nice orchard grass.

I am sure someone out there on HT has had this happen to them, my ultimate goal here was to make dry hay and market it to horse folks in the area.  I can still sell it to my cattle guys but if I get a bunch of mold in there that's not going to work real well....

Thanks for the insight.

Jason



Wrapping Questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire