Next Generation RTV - What would your like to see?

mercredi 8 mars 2017

I’ve been shopping for a UTV for a few years now and have gotten close to pulling the trigger on one but can’t help feeling that I would be compromising on my needs and requirements if I purchased one of the current utility vehicle offerings. I think the Kubota RTV is the closest to meeting my needs but there are just a few things that need to be addressed before I would ultimately purchase one. This brings up the question, what would you like to see Kubota offer in their next generation RTV? I’ll give you my thoughts:

The RTV, bar none, has the best cab and is the best built UTV on the market. Everything screams quality and ruggedness from the heavy duty frame, suspension components and drivetrain. This thing is built like a tank! I’ve compared the RTV to other offerings (Honda, Kawasaki, JD, Can-Am, Polaris) and although some of them are stepping up their game in terms of capabilities, none can match the RTV. One of the most important requirements for me is a solid, well-sealed 4 season cab with heat and AC. The competition all have poor cab designs with cheap plastic doors that won’t hold up to heavy duty use. The air infiltration is abysmal and there are huge gaps in the fitment of the cab components. Their cabs, all of them, are truly an afterthought.

Where is the RTV lacking for me? One of the best features of the RTV, the hydrostatic transmission, is also its greatest downfall in terms of speed. The current 25 mph top speed for the cabbed version is simply not acceptable for ME. I’m not intending to use it as a trail blazer (my ATV works just fine for that) but when I’m getting to and from my destinations, the RTV could use more top speed particularly for those times where I’m on paved or gravel roads. The lack of a higher top speed can really hamper productivity.

What would I like to see in the next generation RTV?

- turbo option to increase power and torque of the diesel engine (Tier 4 emissions issues but they already do it with their tractors)
- AT style torque converter transmission, 2-speed transfer case, which will allow increase top speed to 40-45 mph
- Add locking front differential

That’s it and all that would make it a perfect work machine for me!

Curious to see if you have any other wants? Perhaps Kubota is listening?


Next Generation RTV - What would your like to see?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire