Questions for people out west

vendredi 9 juin 2017

Yesterday, I had a situation I have never, ever encountered before--OG first cutting hay was 8-12% moisture when I baled it. 

 

One spot, near a seep spring, ran 19% for a short distance, but then dropped back to 12% or less.   At times, sections ran below 8%.

 

In my environment, I seldom get below 16%, usually 18-20%, put prop. acid on all the time.  I have never baled hay this dry.

 

My questions: 

 

Will this hay still go through a sweat? 

 

These are 5x5 BR's -- Is it safe to stack 3 high in barn?

 

Any problems that I should know about or other things I should think of?  (I know how to handle high moisture hay, but not over dry hay.)

 

I put prop. acid on the inside 40" at 4lbs/ton just out of habit--Was that just being over-cautious?

 

Ralph

 

 

 



Questions for people out west

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire