Combine throwing grain over the chaffer on hillsides

jeudi 8 juin 2017

I have a JD 3300 combine that is plagued by mechanical issues but when it is actually running I have been able to get it to do a good job separating the grain and not losing much. I have been trying to get some barley combined between breakdowns and I got it set up and adjusted where it was doing a good job of giving me clean grain and losing minimal out the back. I have been down for a few days and got started back today and I noticed it was throwing a lot of grain out the back over the chaffer. I tried a few different adjustments.....opening up the chaffer, and decreasing and increasing the air with no luck. I kept adjusting as I went through the field and all of a sudden it quit throwing grain out the back. Went a round and got out and checked it again and it throwing a lot of grain out the back again. Did this a few times and then I realized when I was on fairly level ground or going straight up or down the hill it was fine and only when I was going across the hillside would it throw any grain out the back on the downhill side. I also noticed when it was doing this that grain would be getting into the fan area as well.

Is there anything I can do or adjust to solve this issue? What is causing it do do this when going across a hillside? The rest of this particular field is very hilly and requires combining across the hillside due to the lay of the land.

Hayden

Combine throwing grain over the chaffer on hillsides

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire