To fix or not to fix?

lundi 12 juin 2017

My John Deere 535 Moco is about got me to my wits end. Almost every time I've used it over the last 2 and a half years something has gone wrong. Few hundred here few hundred there lots and lots of welding you name it. Nothing super major or nothing a credit card welder and few hours couldn't fix or least make work but it's getting bad when you start to mow crossing your fingers you can at least make 3 passes around field so Tedder will fit or when your knocking on wood last couple swipes hopeing it will finish the field lol.

My current situation is this thing works it just finished mowing 18 acres and did a excellent job. Bad news it it broke the PTO shaft for the 3rd time. 2nd time since I owned it but I didn't know that till it broke this time. It was not balenced correctly and before it broke it also tore the PTO seal and bearing out of my tractor in the process. So damage already done I welded it for 3rd time and mowed hay now it's time to make a decision (and fix tractor)

The pro is doomed section I welded first time was balenced but previous owner section I couldn't see until it tore apart was ever so slightly not right and did the damage that created 3rd brake. So new pto shaft is a for sure. In all this I found out pretty much all the u joint yokes that connect to the like pentagon shafts are extremely loose is this normal?? Cause if not they and the shafts likely need replaced as well. Almost all the rock guards and where guards and hell the turtles too are shot and will likely need replaced soon as well.

So long question is if all those yokes and drive line shafts need fixed and the guards need changed is this thing even worth doing all that too??? Im just not sure. This is the first hay mower I've ever owned and knowing absolutely nothing when I bought it made a horrible mistake... Learned alot but not sure what to do now lol btw this will be 4th season I've owned it and I try to do 3 cuttings a year on about 18 acres of hay.

To fix or not to fix?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire