wildlife haying hazards

mardi 13 juin 2017

Boy I hate it when critters get killed when I'm mowing. This years first cut is especially thick and I've been careful to watch for fawns and other wildlife when I'm mowing. Sunday I ran through two wild turkey nests. One with 7 eggs that I crushed and another nest with 6 eggs and what was left of momma after the moco turned her into a mess of feathers and innards. There's a healthy turkey population here so its not like I'm thinning an endangered species. Its just that I enjoy having lots of wildlife around the property and rather have them eat each other instead of me doing the culling ( unless its venison). I got to witness a bald eagle take a trout from the pond a couple weeks ago. That's a special kind of reward for spending lots of time outdoors!  What's your experience been with close encounters of the mowing variety?



wildlife haying hazards

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire