Drum mower vs hay bine

dimanche 7 juillet 2019

Trying not to beat a dead horse here but here goes. I grew up making hay my whole life dairy farming and beef cows. my father the mechanic and brains behind the operation passed away this year. We have about 60 acres of hay that I'm trying to make a go at and farm my own with antique worn out equipment. I currently have a new Holland 477 haybine that has been around the farm for a good 10 years I'd say that was bought used at that. I'm pretty much limping it along this year and its broke a few times already luckly I have a good neighbor that is helping me out this year. I've been looking at the tar river drum mowers and thinking about buying one for the price. I have a Tedder,rake and John Deere 2030 at the moment. I'm farming out my round bailing this year. I'd like to get some newer equipment over the winter. Another tractor, cutter, and either a square bailer or round bailer. I'd like to do some square bales as I'll make more money and offset the cost of round bailing until I can get my own. Also like to pick up some more land in the future. I know the drum mowers look easy to operate and maintain but what about cutting height? Will it cut high enough to get a second cut? New haybines are way to expensive but that's all I know and can work on. I'm in nw Pennsylvania and cutting orchard grass, Timothy and Reed's Canary. Thanks

Drum mower vs hay bine

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire