Vermeer twine tie leaving a tail?

vendredi 26 juin 2020

I bought a Vermeer 5500 Rebel at the end of last season. Really like the baler, but it seems like most of my bales will have a "tail" of twine 4 to 6 foot off the bale. Its really a pain when moving the bales as the tail will get caught under the front tractor tire usually breaking off some twine in the field.

When the bales get to desired size I run the twine arms to the center of bale(far side of indicator), let it wrap a few seconds, then stagger it across the bale 3 to 4 seconds per stop, let it run 6 to 7 seconds on the ends, run the arms into their stops, cutting the twine. I usually let the bale roll a revolution or two after cutting the twine, then eject bale. This is my first Vermeer baler, am I doing something wrong or is it just the nature of the beast?

Vermeer twine tie leaving a tail?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire