Bobcat t590 vs Tractor with loader for cleanup & Hay Bale handling

dimanche 21 juin 2020

Hey All, 

 

I've got 60 acres of hay in for the first year on a small farm I bought.  We planted oats as a cover crop and those will be coming off soon. My family has a JD3155 which I can use when needed over the next 1 - 2 years, but I need something on the farm all the time. I can bring it over to my farm but generally, 've been looking for a tractor with a loader but am now wondering if I should go in a different direction.  

 

I've decided I'm going to lean on a custom guy to do the baling, as I don't have any of the equipment right now and buying it all at once for 60 acres is a little much. So I am thinking I mostly want to be able to load the bales up into the barns and off  for guys who come to pick up. I'm also likely building a fence, clearing some land, theres a tiny old house coming down and a shack workshop. 

 

My thought is , maybe a bobcat is the way to go for me.

 

-The Bobcat could do the loader work for the hay. 

- It can run an auger for the fence posts.

- It might be a little better for general farm cleanup.

 

Also, I am slightly connected to a guy who owns the local bobcat dealer. Not enough to get a steal, but he will treat me well and give me the right recomendation. I've heard from reading that buying these machines used can be risky.

 

Just wondering what guys think of a bobcat as a first farm tool given I'm doing mostly loading bales, and farm cleanup for the next year? 

 

Also, any ideas on size for lifting large round bales?  

Do you guys prefer the track?

Is it a good long term piece of equpment to have around on a baling operation and for feeding livestock down the road.

 

I was looking at this t590 (prices are in CAD)

 

https://bobcatofbrantford.com/inventory/?/listing/for-sale/191450885/2017-bobcat-t590-track-skid-steers?dlr=1&fdc=CAD&lo=2&accountcrmid=7418341

 

Thanks! 



Bobcat t590 vs Tractor with loader for cleanup & Hay Bale handling

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire