Let's talk CV joints

mercredi 12 août 2020

When I bought my round baler (new) about 5 years ago, I've kept it meticulously greased.  Everything seems to be doing well.  I was thinking (when the time came) about the PTO shaft where it hooks onto the tractor.  It has (what seems to be standard) the CV joint sandwiched between 2 U-joints.  

 

My question is, FOR THE PRICE (around $900 new for that front part of the shaft), what was wrong with the way they used to be, just the U-joint set up?

 

Are they truly and actually decreasing driveline wear compared to the less expensive old style u-joint set up when comparing the price differential?

 

I'm only talking balers and perhaps rakes here, not your pickup trucks.

 

Thanks for any input!

 

Troy



Let's talk CV joints

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire