Deere 328 knotting issues

samedi 11 juillet 2015

The baler in question is a friends. I will be looking at the manual tomorrow but wanted to ask for advice here.
This baler is around ten years old maybe 5000 bales or so. Great shape makes nice bales, but will start missing knots, mostly on right side. A lot of times it will miss 4-5 and then be okay again, then back to missing some, over and over.
I baled a small field with it last year and it was very frustrating. I thought I'd be able to straighten it out as we run a '61 NH 270 hayliner that we have always solved any issues with ourselves. Maybe that is of no use, but seems like knotters are fairly similar.
I will report back list of new parts dealer has thrown on, tucker fingers ,twine discs , and knife arms look new.
Will also inspect knots closely today. Sisal twine-9000. I think someone suggested plastic/poly twine might solve this issue?
I will check twine tension as per manual, it felt like to much to me. I did look at manual online, and as far as I can tell all knotter adjustments were correct. Tripped them manually a few times. Did not check timing but will do that as well.
Again,does this erratic back and fourth point to anything?
Thank you,Lee

Deere 328 knotting issues

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire