459 JD round baler help

mercredi 1 juin 2016

I'm beginning to lose hope in getting this thing to work right. I Thought putting new tires and getting it proper hitch higher fixed it but the problem of it plugging has reappeared.

I bought this baler year ago with 3300 bales on it. It's a 2014 and was owned by a dairy it baled some corn stocks and I don't think it was treated well but shouldn't be worn out?

From almost day one I've struggled with it plugging up and kicking the slip clutch. Deere reps have been out 5 times and all of them have resulted in apprently nothing wrong or me doing something wrong supposedly.

This is my first round baler and first time I've ever used one so maybe it is my fualt but more I watch you tube read and talk to people with them I don't think its my fualt.

So far I've thought cleaned greesed and went over it looking for any physical problems. I went though and straighted all pick up teeth and feed slots so nothing it touching or rubbing. If put new tires on tractor and gotten it proper height off hitch. Went though and properly programmed computer. Everything seems to be right. It makes perfect bales and wraps wonderful.

In dry hay 8 to 12 percent it rearly plugs up to about 4mph then it will plug. In wetter hay such as 15 to 25 it plugs much over 3mph and any thick spots in Windows will plug it. Hay 30 and up it really won't bale at all unless windrows are very light.

My hay is grass clover mix and around 2 tons per acre at heaviest I rake 14 to 22 feet of hay together into one window with either bar or rotoaty rake neither seems to make problem any different. My ground is very hilly and it does seem to plug worse going up then coming down hill.

In the year I've owned it I've made around 75 bales and its plugged more then double that. Some bales I've baled 3 and 4 times due to plugging when almost a full bale and having to dump.

I bought this as the back up plan newer reliable baler to get hay out of field fast so I didn't have to worry about brake downs. So far couldn't be further from truth.

I really like the bales it makes and way they wrap. Also dealer is very close.

459 JD round baler help

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire