Round baler or forage harvester?

lundi 6 juin 2016

Alright guys I have a decision to make and am having a hard time figuring out what I want to do. I hay around 30-50 acres depending on the year and raise sheep, am at 120 right now but plan on expanding internally to 3-400 over the next few years. Grow some wheat as well and sell the straw from it since it's so high priced around here. Have been having a guy big square bale for me from a couple miles away when I do wet hay and have did 150 bales like that in mid May with my alfalfa, cover crop rye, and grass, but his prices are crazy high I think(1.55 a foot) then I have to pay to rent a wrapper on top of it and he won't bale corn or soybean stalks with his baler either. Have a 20x50 silo on the farm with a unloader in pretty good shape along with a new holland 790 forage harvester sitting in the shed. No guys around that do custom round baling, so what do you think would be better, chop my first cutting instead of hiring it baled and wrapped and chop stalks in the fall with it or trade the harvester in on a used round baler and wrapper? Already have a small square baler I use for making dry hay and have plenty of help to stack the bales. Trying to do all this along side my full time job. Only time I am feeding the whole flock is mid November through mid April, anything that's getting fed over summer is with dry hay. And have no tractors with loaders on them but do have a skidsteer that the max I can pick up with the spear is about a 1525lb bale. Thanks!

Round baler or forage harvester?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire