Looking for new baler

samedi 2 juillet 2016

)Hey guys,

 

I am not new to reading posts on HayTalk, but am brand new to opening a discussion.  Today I lost my baler to fire.  I keep a very close eye on all of the bearing because I know it can happen easily, however bearings were not the culprit.  The gear for the drive chain on the main roller lost the bolt and worked its way out to where the chain and gear were in contact with sheet metal and got hot enough to start the chaff on fire and there she went.  It was fine yesterday, but after 40 bales today (light day), it wasn't.  I am now in need of a new baler.  The old one was a Gehl 2480 and I loved that baler and would buy another one, but the downfall is that I wasn't able to net wrap with it and would like that option.  So I need some advice on what balers all of you have had good luck with and what ones to stay away from.  I'm not necessarily brand specific, but I do want one that is a 4x5 belt baler, auto tie/net wrap, and easy to transport.  I custom bale and sell hay and do anywhere between 1000 and 1500 bales a year.  Because of that, I would also like to stay with a more current model.  Thanks in advance.



Looking for new baler

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire