How much less headache is new equipment?

dimanche 7 juillet 2019

Like most new to farming folks I have old equipment. It is affordable and plentiful. The hay I make is just mulch quality but it's worth my while to do, however, I have very limited time because I have a full time job and family. So a breakdown can mean one cutting instead of two. It also increases the cost per cutting because I can't do it all in one shot and have to move things back and forth if I can't fix em in the field easily. They 469 haybine and I don't get along. While I'd give up the crimping, I'm strongly considering a brand new disc cutter, which runs around $12k. I cut 50 acres a year... so I feel I can justify the expense, but if new stuff breaks nearly as often I won't really be ahead. Generally it's wobble bar related stuff that is breaking. I go through a few bushings and today the bearings went out (yes, I always geese prior to use, but I have only owned it 4 years, so plenty of potential poor care previously). Parts are closed till tomorrow and my next day off is wed. Plus sometimes this old stuff parts are more likely to need to be ordered. Lots of things on my mind, but I have no experience with new and wanted your feedback. Thanks!



How much less headache is new equipment?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire