Recommendations on what to plant

mercredi 15 juillet 2015

I live in eastern ky which I might add is about washed off right now. I am looking to plant a couple acres of some good forage to square bale for our sheep. We have about 15-20 acres we bale right now mainly in rounds to feed the cattle. Most of this is just good clean grass with some orchard grass and bluegrass in the mix. (At the moment with all the wet weather its starting to look like we have planted johnson grass) 

 

I cut with a drum mower and just use a tether and side delivery rake. I am looking for something that will give me a high yield but will also will not be to hard to dry out. 3-4 days in a row here without rain is hard to come by especially this year. My soil here is slightly acid and has a lot of clay. I have been pouring the lime to the ground and it is slowly coming around.

 

Thanks in advance for the help



Recommendations on what to plant

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire