Kuhns or steffins accumulator? (yes ive searched too)

mardi 17 mai 2016

Ok, I realize two totally different systems, but just trying to get any or your experience on these two accumulators, haven't found the info I wanted from the internet or talking with sales reps. So my idea is to sell square bales to the horse crowd, seems to be a good market in my area. My father and i have sold 5-8000 bales per year in the past with our left over hay, All by hand. So wanting to now hay about 15000-20000 bales per year. We have some hills and turns in irregular shaped fields, most or our fields are close to where our storage barn is.

 

Now onto the accumulators. I really like the idea of the kuhns. Simple, less to go wrong down the road. BUT.. with our case sbx540 ( basically a nh570?) with hydraulic tension, we sometimes loosen it off all the way ( and have a thrower into wagons) to make the bales we need to if its a bit humid or getting close to evening. With the back pressure of the 3-4 bales going up the shoot of the kuhns, I'm thinking it will make the bales too heavy, even with no chamber tension. We try to keep the bales at 40-45lb, 36". Is this an issue? Im on the east coast of Canada, and we get sometimes humid weather for weeks in the summer, sometimes the bales need to be slightly less tight to not heat. I obviously try for a dry period to get it nice and dry, but gotta sometimes work with the unpredictable weather. Thats my biggest concern with the kuhns is bale consistency and can I keep the bales at 40lb for the horse crowd? I could bale 50-60lb bales but when I put the price up accordingly, people are funny around here and don't see the heavier bale, they just see the higher price. And they like a manageable bale for their kids/teens to feed the horses.

 

I could maybe get a tank on the baler and put annoculant into the bales for keeping better ( I think, haven't done research on this yet)?

 

Now the steffins tilt table looks better for bale consistency, and perhaps our hills as well. But will it keep up with a kuhns for capacity (the case baler can punch the bales in a hurry if you want)? Also I believe they are more money and more components to break/adjust and mess with down the road, I really like simple and reliable. I have read good things on their durability, but there are still more moving parts, hydraulics, sensors and adjustments to deal with.

 

So if someone has a few minutes to reply that has experience with either of these accumulators, It would be very helpful to me. i don't know of anyone in my area with an accumulator. everyone goes round, big square, or small square by hand, which I want to move away from for obvious reasons. Thanks!



Kuhns or steffins accumulator? (yes ive searched too)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire