Spraying Herbicides at Night?????

dimanche 1 mai 2016

I did a little spraying this past week and to avoid drift, my only window was late in the evening when the winds were still. First day, I quit at dark. Second day - knowing rain was coming in 24 hrs, I went to 10pm - well past dark. With the lighting on my tractor, front and work light in the back, I could see surprisingly well. I've since checked the field and the herbicide is taking hold nicely. Other than the neighbors concluding I'm crazy for riding around a field in the dark, the lack of wind, cooler temps make me think that night time spraying might be an advantage for my situation.

A concern is the presence of heavy dew - which was almost nonexistent when I sprayed a few days ago. Another is - I've seen these fields, when drenched in heavy dew, as the sun comes up on them and the temps start climbing, a misty cloud rising off the field and blowing in the wind towards the neighbors. If that happened after a night spraying, the following morning, I'm wondering if the herbicides would evaporate and be carried off too or stay behind and the water carrier/dew would volitize before the herbicide and in doing so - leave the herbicide behind.

Anyone spraying after dark with good results? Concerns/recommendations - advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

Spraying Herbicides at Night?????

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire