Hay Equipment Choices

mardi 5 juillet 2016

I have a hay client that just bought 250 acres to add to her estate in the Middleburg Va area.  Obviously, money is not the issue but she does not like to waste it either.  She asked me to think about how I would equip a haymaking operation for such a piece of land.  It is a beautiful set of large fields (for Va anyway) and very productive hay ground.  primary hay would be Orchard grass.  

 

For those of you who operate at this scale, would you buy two 100hp plus tractors or would you get a sp discbine?  I was thinking of a small sp, say 16 ft but was blown away by the cost.  On the tractors, I am thinking she would go to a NH Hayliner or equivalent, a SP stack wagon and a JD 459 rb or equivalent.  stack wagon breaks down, roll it.    She breeds horses so uses lots of sq bales..  Then would need a pull type sprayer and a Notill drill, probably a 10 or 15 ft JD or GP.  I would likely recomend a JD since GP has been sold and we don't really know where that is going.  She gets a healthy equine discount from JD and knows people that can beat that.  

 

Equipment would stay on the farm, no road worries.  No real reason to go to large squares.  Might go to acid for RBs

 

On the tractor, my 6115M Jd is hard to beat as a haying tractor, would you go to the 7 series for one of them or are they too much hp now?

 

Am I missing something?  Thanks.



Hay Equipment Choices

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire