One heck of a week...

lundi 1 juillet 2019

It started on Tuesday last week they were calling for a 20% chance of rain on Thursday but nothing until the following Tuesday night. So I cut hay Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday night around 6 it poured all evening... Thursday was fine all morning and day until about 4 and it poured again for about 3 hours. Friday was beautiful all day, hot windy so I raked the field and was about three-quarters of the way done when we had just a little blip on the radar show up right above us and it poured and hailed for an hour... Saturday I left work a little early to rake it again and it started raining about 3:30... Yesterday was nice but the field was a swamp so I raked twice and let the ground dry. Today I rake them once more and started baling with the Hesston 5580 made about 1 round around the field and I broke a chain that turns the square roller I forget what it's called at the moment but that caused one hell of a wrapping issue and it took me an hour and a half to get it unclogged. Got that fixed and cleared and baled for several hours no issues. Then I had to mess with the twine arms. Went around the field once more broke a long drive chain on the left side and it stopped the Baler dead in its tracks. Every time these chains broke which they both did about twice to three times each it was always the connector link. Well the last time the big chain broke it stopped the tractor dead. Get off the tractor when I get back to the house and my pto shaft was twisted. Had to call the neighbor out to finish the field before the rain tonight. Sometimes you just can't win no matter what. The weather stinks but at least you can say that's out of your control. But equipment problems drive me crazy especially this year.

Attached Thumbnails

  • Message_1562022991515.jpg
  • Screenshot_2019-06-28-17-33-10.png
  • 20190628_175615_HDR.jpg
  • 20190628_175646.jpg
  • 20180722_135338.jpg


One heck of a week...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire