Auguring Fertilizer

samedi 29 juin 2019

I am checking here for opinions to see if it is safe to augur urea fertilizer. This blend is 40-5-10. Our concern during conversation was, would there be a chance of a spark ignite the urea? We do not believe it would. When I think about it I usually see fertilizer moved with conveyor belts and not augers.

The plan is to try and use a grain buggy and auger into a fertilizer buggy. (Would do a small test run first to make sure the auger moved it)

Just did not want to end up on the front page news about trying this.

 

Our buggy is older and we do not load it to the max. The spinners are PTO driven so we have to spread with a tractor. This is fine when we are close to home. We have a couple of fields where is is not practical to road a tractor/buggy home to load. I was just going to rent a buggy from the CO-OP and spread with a 4WD farm truck. Then the grain buggy idea came up.
I have a grain buggy I use to feed bulk feed with during the winter. The tall sides have been removed, it holds 3.5 tons of bulk feed pellets. If this works, I would like to use it to transport the fertilizer to the hay fields.

 

A friend and I split 25 tons of bulk fertilizer. It did not test with in the required analysis and we bought it cheap in the bulk.

Opinions?



Auguring Fertilizer

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire