John Deere 346 locked up.

jeudi 20 juin 2019

Hello all, and thanks for the add

I just recently purchased land with 12 acres of alfalfa. I am very new to this. I have only farmed small acrage with grazing pastures. On to my question.

 

I was given a JD 346 baler from the previous owner. He said it worked last time he used it. It is in poor shape to say the least. I just hooked it up, and it wont run at all. It tries, but seems something is locked up. it then spins the tractor side of the clutch and starts smoking the clutch plate. This all bogs down my tractor. Is there some kind of locking pin for travel, or is it toast? Im looking on cragslist, and there is a decent one i can buy, but would rather get this one running. I have raked alfalfa on the ground right now that i really need to bale by tomorrow, so im stressing to say the least. 

 

I tried to turn the flywheel by hand, and i can see all the parts move a quarter inch then stop. Then the flywheel spins freely for a few turns before hooking up, and doing the same thing. 



John Deere 346 locked up.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire