Howse Rotary Cutter Driveline Sources

samedi 22 juin 2019

I have a 7' Howse rotary cutter that I have owned for around 15 years that only sees 10-15 hours of use each year. Unfortunately I am paying some stupid tax. While using it a few days ago behind a cab tractor, I did not hear or feel that the U-joint nearest the gearbox was going bad. It allowed the two yokes to rub together until there is not much metal around one of the cup holders on both yokes.

Until now I had no idea that Howse used their own desigh driveline which is no where near standard. The gearbox output shaft is 12 spline with a smooth bore on the end that goes into the yoke that bolts to the clutch pack. The other yoke is welded to a 1 3/8" square solid shaft. The other side bolts to the clutch pack with 4 bolts. The U-joint has inside clips and I have not been able to source it locally from auto parts stores or AG equipment stores.

I have been on howseimplement.com and they do not sell driveline components, only complete drivelines. 

Has anyone else ran into this? Where did you find individual driveline parts?



Howse Rotary Cutter Driveline Sources

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire