hay moisture?

dimanche 30 juin 2019

So I am new to baling hay. I live in North Texas just west of Ft. Worth. This is my first year baling hay myself. I am putting up round bales of costal Bermuda hay. I cut the hay with a sickle bar mower. I left it lay for 3 days and then raked it and baled it. When I checked the moisture of the bale right from the baler it was 14.6. The next day I went to move the bales and decided to check the moisture again. It was in the mid to upper 20's. I know hay sweats but is this normal and ok? We've been having a lot of dew and a lot of rain this year. I baled in the afternoon about 4 pm so there wasn't any dew left and stopped about 7pm before the dew set again. We haven't been in the 100 degree days yet mostly high 80's and low 90's with anywhere from 40% to 60% humidity.

hay moisture?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire