NH5070 Hayliner Needle Timing - Which Way?

mercredi 26 juin 2019

I experienced a mechanical failure on my 2016 BC5070 that required the removal of the gearbox and the replacement of the plunger arm.  I am setting the needle timing and it is not working out as it should.  I set the needle/plunger timing using the factory timing marks on the knotter pawl and on the plunger drive arm.  With these settings spot on, the plunger is ~3-4" past the tips of the needles when they begin to enter the chamber.  This measurement should be ~3/4".  I believe it is more important to set the timing by the needles rather than using the timing marks but I thought is best to throw it out there to see what others would do.  I had never checked the needle timing when I purchased the baler so I don't know if the factory timing marks were ever accurate. Thank you.

 

IFF



NH5070 Hayliner Needle Timing - Which Way?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire