Hydraulic wing flail mower for pastures

jeudi 12 mai 2016

I have 60-70 acres of pasture ground that needs mowed 2-3 times per year. All the areas are small, partially wooded, and moderately hilly. For years I used a bushhog on an old IH 350U. Recently upgraded to a 6 1/2 ft flail on the 350U. Works well, is maneuverable, but very time consuming. Was almost ready to pull the trigger on a new 12 ft batwing at 11k. Batwing would reduce mowing time, but I would still need to finish up the corners and around trees with the rear mount flail mower...

  I came across a Ford 6610 with rear and side mount flail mowers. I got to thinking this might be the ideal machine if it can be bought for about the same money as a new bushog. Attached is a pic of a new setup that is similar. I would have ANOTHER tractor to maintain, BUT it wouldn't take up any more space in the shed than a batwing. It would also allow me to fold the wings up and use the rear mower to get back into the corners and tight spots.

   What do you think? Good or bad idea?

Attached Thumbnails

  • alamo-interstater-triple-flail-mower-3.jpg


Hydraulic wing flail mower for pastures

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire