I feel dumb

mardi 9 mai 2017

I was out Planting some alfalfa and oats today. Yes I know I'm behind but my 70hr a week part time job pushed me back farther than I would have liked. I an using an 8300 John Deere drill that I picked up this year. It has a double run system in it (not ideal). I drilled my oats first and everything went good. I over applied about 5lbs an acre but I'm not too concerned about that. Thinking I was on a roll, I set the drill up to plant the alfalfa and filled it up (about 6 bags) and headed to the feild. Dumb move! 300lbs of alfalfa seed bumped down the road and totally packed itself in the meter. Snapped a 2 codder pins on the sprockets and broke a drive chain within 15 foot of the first pass. After diagnosing my problem, installing new parts, and removing 90% of the seed I'm still bound up in the meter. I'm assuming I need to vacuum and blow out all the compacted seed out and start over. Has any one else had problems with loading too much seed. Also if anybody is a Deere double run guru and can give me tips on how these work, it would be much appreciated

I feel dumb

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire