New Round Baler: New Holland vs Vermeer

jeudi 4 mai 2017

First post on the forum but I've been on here reading stuff for awhile.  I've searched this topic, but can't find anything current as most of the posts I find are 5-6 years old.  I'm looking at upgrading my hay equipment.  I've got a 60 acre coastal field in Granbury, TX and mainly bale hay for our own use, but end up selling quite a bit.  I used to have it done for me but started doing it myself about 8 years ago.  When we started, I bought older, used equipment to get me started and just haven't ever upgraded.  I'm running a Hesston 1120 swather, JD 435 Twine baler, JD 10 wheel rake, and a New Holland 570 square baler(best piece of equipment).  Tired of breaking and taking forever every time I go to the field so I'm ready to start upgrading.  All equipment is being pulled behind a Case JX95. I think I've narrowed the cutter down to a Vermeer TM850 or 800 and the rake to a Vermeer 1022. If there are any opinions on this please let me know.  The baler is where I can't make up my mind.  I was dead set on a New Holland Roll Belt 450 until I looked at the Vermeers and talked to the Vermeer dealer who sells both Vermeer and Case(New Holland).  He tells me he'd run Vermeer over New Holland any day and says the Rancher 6640 would be perfect my uses.  He runs basically the same equipment I'm looking at on his personal farm and highly recommends it.  So, my baler choices are New Holland 450, Vermeer Rancher 6640, or the Vermeer 504N. Where I'm located, dealer service and options are plentiful.  I've got basically 2 dealers for any brand all within about a 30 minute drive.  Any opinions/advice/suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks.



New Round Baler: New Holland vs Vermeer

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire