another teff question

vendredi 13 mai 2016

I've got a neighbor who plants 500 acres of wheat, and we bale and market the straw. He and I were talking tonight and I was telling him about my teff plans. He now wants to plant his 500 acres to teff after the straw is off and he and I go in together and do the teff as we do the straw. So my questions are...

1 how does a wheat/teff rotation work?
2 how hard will it be to sell 600 acres of teff. His 500 and my 100

He has a jd 1590 and is a good farmer, so I know he will get a good stand. We were figuring we could get 2 cuttings before he goes back with wheat.

The only concern i have is cutting,raking,bailing,moving the bales then trying to move that much product. I've sent hay all over the south, and up north, and I've exported hay, but we are probably talking 2500-3000 3×4×8 bales. Is there really that much demand for teff?

another teff question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire