Back winch

dimanche 1 mai 2016

I have just bought a 2000 lb. Warn winch to mount in the back of my 1100. Its main purpose will be that of lifting and dragging dead deer onto the bed. I am going to have a friend who knows how to weld make an L-shaped steel bracket. The vertical side of the L will be bolted onto the railing of the bed right behind the cab. The horizontal part will be bolted onto the bed itself, to prevent the railing from bending under load. The winch may come in handy to pull the Kube backwards if it gets stuck. I already have a 4000 lb. winch mounted on the front. When (if) I get a deer, I'll lower the tailgate, tilt the bed, loop the cable under the deer's shoulders, and winch him up. My old back will be grateful.
I got the winch from the Northern Tool and Equipment catalog. The price, shipping included, was very low for a Warn: a little over $100. The first one they sent me didn't work: its clutch would not lock again after being placed in free spooling. I called Northern and they immediately shipped me another one and a free UPS label to return the defective unit. I was extremely satisfied with their Customer Service. The new one works, by the way.


Back winch

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire