Baling what/oats/rye

samedi 14 mai 2016

Due to some acidic problems in my soil my plan to plant a small 4 acre section to alfalfa is going to have to be delayed again. Currently I have whea i plan to harvest growing well there. after I harvest wheat and straw this summer im thinking of planting rye or maybe wheat or oats back in fall then next spring mowing it early for hay before seeding to soybeans for year until I can get soil pH up. Curenttly its about 5.5 lol! If I do this will I be able to Bale the rye or whatnot dry?? I don't have a wraper and no real market for ensiglead bales anyway but would like to get some hay crop of the little pacth. Can rye be small square baled in early spring??? I can round bale but would prefer not to. Also plan to lime heavy again this fall after wheat comes off.

Baling what/oats/rye

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire