Planting Rates and Ratios for Orchard Grass and Fescue Mixes

samedi 7 mai 2016

Since it is so wet and hay making is at least 3 weeks away, I started thinking about this fall's activities.  I will be doing at least one field over in an orchard grass mix and one timothy field following teff.  I am thinking about using a late season leafy orchard grass mixed with an endophyte friendly fescue.  I typically plant KY31 fescue at 50#/ac with success in paddocks and use 25#/ac for orchard grass in hay fields.  I like the thicker stands and all will be no till.  

 

My question to those of you who have planted a orchard fescue mix for hay-  what was the ratio of fescue to orchard on a weight basis and how many #/ac did you sow at?  Also for those of you between Tn and PA, what varieties did you use?  Were you pleased with the results?  Thanks.  rick



Planting Rates and Ratios for Orchard Grass and Fescue Mixes

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire