Dealing with HIGH MOISTURE Small Squares -- HELP!

jeudi 13 juin 2019

Everyone has been dealign with the rain this year, and despite my efforts tracking the weather, we got slammed the day we were supoossed to bale. It was some of the best hay I had ever made, and it killed me to see it sitting there perfectly dry and now getting soaked.

 

I tedded it twice the morning the rain stopped and then tedded raked it the next day and baled it as more rain was due, and scheduled for the next 2 weeks.

 

MOST of it came out at about 14% moisture.

 

However, as evening closed it, the dew began coming up and the hay soaked it up pretty quick because my baler started making HEAVY bales (80 lbs or more) and my moisture jumped to 20-35%.

 

I have a full haycart in the barn staying out of the (now) rain and it's been in there a 36 hours.  I had PLANNED to bust them open and rebale without the cart on (puts backpressure on bales and forces them to pack heavy) and bale at maybe 40lbs.

 

I DO have a moisture tester, but can I save these bales or will they end up moldy before I can re-bale? Can I add salt into the baler while baling to help, or maybe sprinkle between stacks in my loft?  Currently the bales that didn't end up high moisture are still decent hay as both my cows and horses have gobbled it right up (both are picky on hay)

 

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED! I just don't want to loose another 100 bales!



Dealing with HIGH MOISTURE Small Squares -- HELP!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire