Hesston 4500 Small Square Bailer Knotter Tying Issue

mardi 6 juin 2017

I am fairly new to making hay. I just upgraded my small square baler to a hesston 4500. I was leary of buying the hesston since everyone around me uses john deere or New Holland. The baler had been sitting for a couple of years but I seen it in action the last time it was used and it worked good. I brought it home and tore open a round bale and rebaled it. It will not tie a knot at all. Not even try to tie. 

 

I am not very well versed or familiar with these knotters, but it leave two semi ragged ends where the knot should be and leaves 4-6" pieces of twine in the knotter area. Almost like it is cutting twice and not trying to tie. I do not know where to start to look. I thought maybe if I ran a few bales through it it would shine up some rust on it's own, but that hasnt happened. The knotters were well greased and do not look all rusty. Once in awhile it seems as though it may be holding one of the pieces of twine but it still will not tie. 

 

Does anyone have any good suggestions on where to start? Remember i;m not very well versed so you may have to spell it out some.

 

Thanks in advance.



Hesston 4500 Small Square Bailer Knotter Tying Issue

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire