Sorghum or Brown Top Millet

jeudi 8 juin 2017

Need some educating as I've never had any experience with this. I have a hay field that burnt up from fertilizer and the fescue I no tilled in fall didn't produce good. I've just cut the field and going to no till either Brown top millet of Sorghum which was given free seed for to make some hay and then go back with fescue in fall. Which would be best to put in for dry hay and at what stage to cut and what rate per acre? This will be used for Beef cow hay. Also while I'm at it I have a new grazing pasture that is thin and I was thinking of no tilling one or the other in it as well while I'm at it. At what stages do you graze the two of these and how concerned should I be about acid when grazing them? I am totally new to this method and don't want to kill any cows. I am located in Upstate,SC so yes drought is a big factor!!!

 

Thanks for any help



Sorghum or Brown Top Millet

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire