Wire tie, sisal twine or poly twine?

jeudi 8 juin 2017

Have you ever questioned which kind of twine is better, wire, sisal or poly twine? I always use poly twine while some of my neighbors and friends use the remaining two, so I just collect some perspectives from them. Here I want to share my view on these three common twines with you.

 

Like every coin has two sides in the reality, each of the three twines has advantages and disadvantages. First of all, I will talk about wire. The biggest advantage of wire tie is that it makes the bale considerably tight. With the metal tie, the baler could make the bales much more dense, while under the same pressure sisal and poly twines would break. When bale straw, one of my neighbors is always prefer wire tie. Though it is more expensive than the two remaining twines, hay bale snap during transportation is more terrible. Choice of my neighbor tell us the significant drawback of wire tie. It is expensive. For people who would do the math when calculate hay yield and profit, he may choose poly or sisal twine, especially if his bales are small squares. My neighbor told me that price for metal wire has rised recently, but poly twine is remaining steady. Another disadvantage of wire is that it may damage us when we operate improperly since the metal tie is very hard and sharp.

 

When baler is first invented, sisal was used in making bales. Compared with poly twines, sisal has an obvious advantage that it is 100% biodegradeble and sustainable. When poly twines are left in the farm and cattles eat them mistakenly, often does, these nonbiodegradable twines will kill cattles. Sisal twines just rot away in the farmland and field. Rotted readily brings the disadvantage of it, that it would break easily during baling and transporting. When hay is baled with sisal twine, transportation and storage loss are high. As a kind of plant fiber, sisal twine is that it would be chewed by rodents, such as mice. That could be a threat for the storage.

 

Honestly, I have a preference that poly twine is the best in the three twines. My reason is really simple, I always use it and never have a problem with it. In spite of this, I still list the advantage and disadvantage of poly twine. Poly twine is lighter and softer than wire, so it is easier on hands. It doesnt damage the tool or person if operate mistakenly. it is cheaper. Cheaper than wire and stronger than sisal twine, taken together, poly twine is a better choice. But under high pressure, poly twine my break while wire is still workable. So for big square and straw, some people will choose wire twines. Its important to notice that poly twines are created with different grades. Choose the suitable one could help us save cost and effectively tighten a bale. My preference is T&H baler twine. To bale straw and big square, I use 650 of it instead of wire. It is cheaper and bale the straw tightly. I have used it for two years and never have a problem.

 

Looking at both short and good sides, poly twine is a better choice. That is just my view. We need to find the right twine based on specific requirement. What's your opinion, do  have any experiences or suggestions on this matter?



Wire tie, sisal twine or poly twine?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire