Got lucky...

mercredi 5 juin 2019

...and I'd rather be lucky than good sometimes.

 

I was close to finishing up baling the other day, working near the edge of the field and the baler started squealing and the slip clutch was slipping.  I had picked up a tree branch in the windrow and ran it into the baler.  The branch was about 6' long and 3" in diameter--looked like elm.  The branch had run straight into the stuffer fingers and stalled out the arm.

 

The lucky part was that there was a fork in the branch that wedged onto the windguard.  Bent the be-dickens out of the windguard but, after about an hours work, a good sawzall, a little chain and a come-along and a two foot piece of angle iron, I was able to finish baling.

 

Lucky part was that fork in branch.  Had it not hung up on the windguard, I can't imagine what would have happened if it had gotten inside the bale chamber.

 

Ralph



Got lucky...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire